No really, it is New Year's Eve and you should party like Dick Cheney. Don't believe me, read this report by someone I know who attended the Vice President's Christmas Party this year.
So get out there and party like Dick Cheney, but please remember to not grab the Secretary of Homeland Security.
A few random thoughts about the Christmas Party at the Vice President's House last night:
- Ok seriously, if the Cheney's can throw that kick-ass of a party, why can't the White House? I mean, the food, the booze, the guest list, all ten times better than the White House. Not that the WH party is bad, but the bar, both literally and figuratively, has definately been raised.
- Maybe its just that we associate height with power, but all of the military commanders are shorter than I thought. Rumsfeld: not short, but not as tall as I thought. General Pace: not a man of great physical stature (though i bet he could still kick my ass). General Hayden: short and shy.
- Dennis Hastert has been a politician for a looooooong time and Speaker of the House for what, six years? That was, by far, the most awkward conversation of the evening. Just found it odd that a person whose career is based off their ability to interact with people would be so awkward in one-on-one conversation.
- Um, don't grab the Secretary of Homeland Security. Just don't do it. I would have thought that would have been a no-brainer, but... apparently not so much.
- Were those not the classiest temporary bathrooms you have ever seen? And cinnamon altoids outside them? HELLO. again, white house, please take note.