Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Vilsack Not Half Bad on The Daily Show

I was impressed with Governor Vilsack's appearence on The Daily Show last night. Vilsack began by giving Jon Stewart a gift, which turned out to be an Aflac duck. Vilsack told Stewart that when it came to duck humor, he wasn't going to duck the issue.

A lot of the talk was on Iraq and I thought Vilsack held his own. He had a good talking point when he said that "we have created a culture of dependency with our presence there". Then he had, what I thought was a bad quote, when he said that Iraqi's "must fight for it and die for it". Overall, Vilsack held his own and made a good introduction to a large group of people. Here is video from Drew Miller...

1 comment:

Chris the Hippie said...

I found myself unaccountably nervous when Vilsack came on. "Come on, don't embarrass us," I mumbled. "We've already got Steve King to do that..." I thought Mr. V. held his own pretty good, but I cringed at the "fight for it and die for it" line too. I noticed the Daily Show repeated that line again the next night...