Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Video from Kerry event in Marshalltown

I hurried out of school today at lunch to go see John Kerry at the Iowa Veterans Home. Kerry was in Iowa today campaigning for Barack Obama. He made stops in Waterloo, Marshalltown, Ames, Waukee, and Des Moines.

The event was scheduled to start at 11;30, but I couldn't leave school until 11:40. Knowing there was a good chance that the event would start a few minutes behind schedule, I thought I'd get to see a good portion of it. However, the event must have started on time because I only caught the last few questions.

Kerry was asked by a veteran about the possibility of another economic stimulus check. The person said many residents of the Iowa Veterans Home were not eligible for a stimulus check and if they give out another one if something could be done. Kerry said that the government needs to focus on creating jobs and not on writing more checks.



Kerry was then asked by a man, who is supporting Obama and is Catholic, about the abortion issue.



As I was walking out, there were veterans registering to vote and filling out requests for absentee ballots. I didn't get a head count of how many people were there, but you could feel the excitement for the upcoming election in the room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get it. He suggests fewer abortions by making abortion more readily available?

He's lost reality to his faith. He misrepresents the Catholic faiths message. See this article by a prominent Cardinal:

http://catholicexchange.com/2008/10/28/114261/

John Kerry was in Iowa, please also see my blog that is directly pertinent to the teachings of the Church in Faithful Citizenship.

http://blog.iowacatholicvote.com/