Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Polls Show an Obama/Edwards Ticket Blows Out McCain

Paul Rosenberg at Open Left takes a look at a possible Obama/Edwards ticket and says they would blow out McCain.

It looks like Edwards gives Obama a bump in the upper midwest states and in the southeast.

Electoral College: Obama 309, McCain 145, Toss-up 84
National popular vote: Obama 49.9%-42.2% McCain



I'd be happy, really happy, if Obama chose Edwards as VP. However, I think the reason Edwards gives Obama the biggest bump of all possible VP candidates is because Edwards has the highest name recognition of all of them not named Clinton.

2 comments:

benny06 said...

After listening to the Brian Lehrer show, I don't think JRE is that interested in VP. He's just not ruling it out, which is what Joe Biden said too.

Personally, I would like to see a poll with Biden in it because I think older voters would be drawn more to Obama then.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be heartbroken to see JRE take AG or a seat on the SCOTUS.