Sunday, December 09, 2007

Video from Oprah and Obama in Des Moines

Yesterday, I attended the Oprah and Obama rally in Des Moines. I never realized there were so many people there until I saw on the news that there were over 18,000. If you add the number of people that say Oprah and Obama in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, it would equal nearly 23% of 2004 caucus goers. Consider the snow, ice, and cold weather it was pretty amazing there were so many people.

I think the campaign made a mistake of not putting out chairs for people to sit. There were a couple of bleachers and maybe 75 chairs. A person near where I was standing passed out while Obama was speaking due to the heat.

I took some video of Oprah's speech with my digital camera. It turned out much better than I expected.

Oprah takes the stage...



I thought this was the best line of the speech.

I am not here to tell you what to think, I am here to ask you to think.


Oprah says Obama has "experience on the pathways of life" and that is much better than "experience in politics as usual."



Oprah says the moment is now for Barack Obama.

No comments: