Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cheney Doesn't Recall?

Dick Cheney was interviewed yesterday by Larry King. King asked Cheney if he dispatched Gonzales and then White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card to visit then-Attorney General John Ashcroft at his hospital bedside to push Ashcroft, who was recovering from surgery, to approve a secret surveillance program. Cheney's responded by saying, "I don't recall."



I don't recall who the fifth player was in the Kevin Garnett trade to the Celtics (Oh yeah, it was Ryan Gomes). I don't recall what time my wife's best friend called the other night. I don't recall who won the National League Rookie of the Year in 1998 (Oh yeah, it was Kerry Wood).

I am pretty sure you would recall telling your attorney to rush to the hospital to get a sedated Attorney General to sign off on a secret warrantless wiretap program before the acting Attorney General and FBI get there is something you would recall.

No comments: