Sunday, January 14, 2007

Video of Obama at Rally in Iowa City

Last night, I came across video from Barak Obama's speech at a rally for Dave Loebsack and Chet Culver in Iowa City the weekend before the election. I wish there would have been some shots of the crowd in the video because some reports said 5,000 people attended the event on the Ped Mall. The video isn't the best quality, but you can tell that Obama is a great speaker and has a good message. Thanks to Iowa for Obama for the video.

The speech is in 3 parts...





1 comment:

T.M. Lindsey said...

I attended the event and the crowd was extremely enthusiastic about Obama, especially the younger voters. I heard a number of shouts for Obama to run for President. This must have been humbling for Vilsack,who shared the stage and spoke earlier in the program.

I hope Obama announces soon, I'm anxious to hear his message, where he stand on issues, and to see how he holds up under scrutiny.

My sense is he will do well, namely because I think Obama knows who he is, where he stands, and why he stands where he stands.(Take note John Kerry) This alone will enamor voters who are tired of listening to carefully handled Democratic candidates who serve as mouthpieces for the polls and the perpetual pundits. After all, the root of candidate is "candid".