Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Obama To Announce This Week

From Political Wire...

Word from those who work for Sen. Barack Obama is that he will take the first step toward the U.S. Presidency and file the papers with the Federal Election Commission this week," WMAQ-TV reports.

"The campaign will need offices in the key states of New Hampshire and Iowa -- but it will be headquartered right here in Chicago. Word is that Obama will be on one of those campaign trips in Iowa by the end of the week."

Over the weekend, we reported an announcement could come on the Oprah Winfrey Show on Wednesday.
I read somewhere else that Obama will be in Iowa on Frday. I am lucky enough to only be working a half day on Friday, so I am really hoping that I can attend the event. I will post more information when I get it.

**Update**
Obama is forming an exploratory committee. Here is a video of Obama discussing this move.

No comments: