Sunday, January 07, 2007

Biden's Running For President

As if people didn't already know, but Joe Biden announced on Meet the Presss this morning that he is going to run for president. Biden went on to say...

I am running for president,” he told “Meet the Press” anchor Tim Russert. “I’m going to be Joe Biden, and I’m going to be the best Joe Biden I can be.
It seems that Biden campaign strategy is to talk about himself in the third person.

Biden is very knowledgable on foreign policy, but I find it hard to get excited about his candidacy. For some reason, Biden reminds of a used car salesman. I see him on the Sunday talk shows every week and he doesn't sound that bad. Then when his segment is almost over I start to feel that I am going to get ripped off.

What's your feeling of Biden as a candidate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My reaction on Biden running for President:

MBNA and Citibank don't need their own president.

Chris the Hippie said...

..."I'm going to be the best Joe Biden I can be." 'Cause, gosh darn it, people like me!

Mr. Biden spoke in Sioux City a few months back. As with most politicians, he was a good, upbeat speaker, full of optimism, but I don't remember him actually saying anything important or innovative...

I wonder if he's running for president, or if he's running for a cabinet position...?

desmoinesdem said...

Biden likes the sound of his own voice too much. If he knew how to run a committee or a hearing, we wouldn't be stuck with Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court.

I saw him a few months ago in Des Moines. He bragged about how his lifetime voting record is the fourth most liberal among current senators. I don't know if that is true or not. If it is true then it's even more revealing that he spends his time on television seeming like a "moderate" who endorses all of the safe Washington CW.

Anonymous said...

Watching Biden's performance during the John Roberts and Sam Alito confirmation hearings was enough to permanantly cross Biden off my list as someone I'd take seriously. If his service on the judiciary committee is any example, he just doesn't have what it takes.