Monday, June 12, 2006

Newest Resident in Ames

I have heard that Rep. Tom Latham has recently purchased a home in Ames and will be moving there this summer. Supposedly this is going to be a longterm home, but I doubt that. To me this seems like he wants to move into Selden Spencer's backyard to help with campaigning.

Speaking of Ames, I made the trip over to Ames this afternoon. I was getting a little discouraged after seeing 4 SUV's with Bu$h stickers on them until I saw the young woman at Borders with the t-shirt that says, "The only Bush I trust is my own." Thanks, there is still hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah. Funny thing about Tom Latham and Ames. Check out the following mapquest directions from my place to his "Ames" office.

Access to his old office was easy.

I'm surprised to hear he may be moving to Ames. I guess that means the ISU College Republicans will have some lap to dog.

Where did you hear his new house is located?

Anonymous said...

Wow... this would be a big deal. Latham's family has owned and operated "Latham Seeds" in the Alexander area for years... or at least used to. Will Tom be thinking about a Farm Bill next year, or is he like the rest of the GOP in giving up on this whole "rural economy" thing?