Sunday, April 23, 2006

Welcome to Money Press

I watched Iowa Press this morning. On the show, they discussed 3 races here in Iowa: Governor, District 1, and District 3. As they handicapped these races, the so-called leader in every race was the candidate who had the most money. I tune into these shows to get some insight, not just a run down on who has raised the most money. Anyone with basic computer skills can look that stuff up on the internet. The media looks at the fundraising numbers because it is easy and can be put into a nice chart. They might actually have to actually make an effort to analyze the race by looking at name recognition, grassroots support, as well as the money. The last time I voted I didn't see any checks for $2,000 going up to the voting booth. I will keep tuning into Iowa Press, but will call it Money Press from now on.

No comments: