Friday, April 14, 2006

Miss Alenius

Miss Alenius called and said I had a few things to clear up, so here they are...

  • Last weekend at the DFA training one of the things I learned was that you should update your blog everyday. As you can tell, I have not done that. There's always next week, I guess.
  • I do have a good reason for not updating the blog though. I got a job! I was hired as an Elementary teacher here in central Iowa, so I will be hanging around the Iowa blogosphere for awhile. I am really glad to be done job hunting. I got to the point where I could tell how much my letter would be based on how many pages the school district's application had. It was usually $0.83, but that extra page would bump it up to $0.87. Since I am officially a teacher, I really think the Iowa Legislature should do all it can to increase teacher pay (sorry, I had to).
  • Since Drew has Music Mondays, I thought I would have a Folk Music Fridays. That means I will be moving the "site of the week" to another day. I got into listening to Folk Music after the Dylan documentary aired last fall. So look for the first post in that series later today.
  • And I will be writing more about the DFA training when I get a chance (which I hope to be later today or tomorrow morning).
I think that clears everything up. Thank you for the call Miss Alenius.

No comments: