Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vilsack Named Sec. of Agriculture

The AP reports that Tom Vilsack has been named Sec. of Agriculture in the Obama Administration.

**Update**
My first thought when hearing this was that Charles Grassley just took a sigh of relief. I don't see anyway Vilsack can turn around and for Senate against Grassley in 2010. Mike Johanns served almsot 3 years as Sec. of Agriculture before announcing his run for Senate in Nebraska in September of 2007. Vilsack would serve 8-12 months before having to announce his run and if he did that, I think there'd be some bad press coming his way for backing out of his committment.

With that said, Sec. of Agriculture isn't a bad gig for Vilsack for the next few years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey folks, please check out
http://iowaliberal.com/?p=2262

My co-blogger Mike got mugged badly a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get some donations to help him through eye surgery and time missed at work. Please read and pass on.