Wednesday, November 05, 2008

HD 84: Absentee Ballots Give Gayman Victory

At 11:00 last night the numbers didn't look good for incumbent Elesha Gayman D-Davenport in House District 84.  She was losing to Republican Ross Paustin 53.6% to 46.4% and all the precincts were reported to be in.  


I had donated to Gayman a few times throughout the campaign, so I was disapointed that she was defeated. So I turned from watching election results and went to hang out with the local candidates, who all had won.

When I got back home, I quick checked the results befor heading to bed and was shocked to see that Elesha had won by 800 votes thanks to the absentee ballots.
Rep. Elesha Gayman, D-Davenport, was losing to Republican rival Ross Paustian by more than 600 votes but ended up winning when all the absentee and early votes were reported about 1 a.m.

No comments: