Sunday, August 24, 2008

Richardson: Don't Forget About Me

Late Friday afternoon, the day the Obama campaign announced their vice president candidate, Bill Richardson sent out an email to supporters to his presidential run.

It was clear at that point, Richardson was not going to be the vice president candidate, even though he touts a long resume when it comes to foreign policy. It was as if Richardson was telling supporters even though he won't be vice president, to not forget about him.

Here is the email...

I know it's been awhile since you've heard from me. But before I head off to the Democratic National Convention, I wanted to share with you some of the exciting things that have been going on.

This weekend I'm flying to Denver with Dave Contarino, Amanda Cooper and several of my senior staff. And on August 28, I'll join with hundreds of Democratic delegates in nominating Barack Obama as our next president.

The whole world will be watching as Democrats come together in one incredible, inspirational moment for our Party and our nation. I'm sure you'll be watching, too.

Then on Wednesday, Barack Obama has asked me deliver a special address on foreign policy and diplomacy. I hope you'll tune in to hear it.

Over the next week, I'll be attending a variety of meetings and events in Denver. I'll share more details with you about those as we firm up my schedule.

In these weeks leading up to the Convention, I've been campaigning around over the country on behalf of Barack Obama. From Illinois to California, Florida to Puerto Rico, we've been raising money and rallying supporters.

In particular, we have been all over New Mexico, building a strong organization so Obama can win the state in November. Just the other morning, I visited three cities before lunch--then came back to Santa Fe for a midday rally.

Last weekend, I joined Senator Hillary Clinton to host an Obama rally in Espanola. Now, Espanola is a town of only about 10,000--and over 1,000 people came out to see us!

Senator Clinton spoke passionately about the need for every Democrat to unite behind Obama, and urged those who worked so hard on her campaign to work just as hard to make him our next president.

Afterward, I held two very successful fundraisers in Santa Fe and Albuquerque to help Senator Clinton retire her campaign debt. It was a great day for the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party is truly coming together. And the Convention will complete the healing for our Party--and set the stage for taking back the White House in November.

Now I've got just a few things to take care of before I leave. But I promise I'll keep you posted on everything going on in Denver.

I'll write again once we've checked into the hotel.


All the best,

Bill Richardson

Governor of New Mexico

No comments: