Monday, January 21, 2008

Democratic Candidate in the 4th District

I have written about possible Democratic candidates to run against Tom Latham in the 4th District. Over the weekend, I heard of a candidate that will probably be running. His name is Kurt Meyer and I was told that he is a solid candidate.

Meyer lives in Mitchell County and is a graduate of Luther College. He worked on Mike Blouin's campaign in 1976 and was finance chair of John Culver's Senate campaign in 1980. He then started a political consulting firm based in Minneapolis and has done fundraising.

Another declared candidate is William Meyers. I don't know much about Meyers except that he is a Marine Corps Veteran from Humboldt.

5 comments:

desmoinesdem said...

I don't have a dog in the primary, but whoever becomes our candidate to challenge Latham will get $100 from me. I have never liked Latham, ever since he ran nasty ads against Sheila McGuire in 1994.

Anonymous said...

http://www.meyersforhouse.com

Anonymous said...

Miskell is 99% in.............

Anonymous said...

kurtmeyerforcongress.com

Anonymous said...

Go Meyers!!!