Friday, October 12, 2007

Obama Finally Calls Out Hillary By Name

In a speech today in Des Moines, Barack Obama finally used Hillary Clinton's name when trying to differentiate himself from the front runner.

A couple of months ago, Senator Clinton called me "naïve and irresponsible" for taking this position, and said that we could lose propaganda battles if we met with leaders we didn't like. Just yesterday, though, she called for diplomacy with Iran without preconditions. So I'm not sure if any of us knows exactly where she stands on this. But I can tell you this: when I am President of the United States, the American people and the world will always know where I stand.
Earlier this week, while campaigning in New Hampshire, Obama was talking about the differences between him and some in this race.
There are some in this race who actually make the argument that the more time you spend immersed in the broken politics of Washington, the more likely you are to change it. I always find this a little amusing. I know that change makes for good campaign rhetoric, but when these same people had the chance to actually make it happen, they didn’t lead.
It was clear he was talking about Hillary, but Obama would not take that next step and just say her name. It is about time Obama strongly attempts to point out the distinctions between and the front runner.

I will be covering Obama's event in Marshalltown this evening and will see if he continues to use this language of if you goes back to his vague references to Hillary.

No comments: