Monday, September 17, 2007

Harkin Steak Fry: Best Organization Goes to Obama

My wife attended the Steak Fry as a Barack Obama supporter. The Obama campaign bought her ticket and gave her an Obama t-shirt when she picked it up. They had an area across the highway from the Ballon Field set up with tables for supporters to pick up their tickets and shirts.

Obama held a rally there before hand with 2,500 supporters there and then they all marched into the Ballon Field led by the Des Moines Isiserettes. I didn't attend the rally, but say the swarm coming in, and it was a sight to see. My wife went on and on about how well organized and smoothly it ran.


Here's a video from the Obama campaign that shows their strong organization and hard work at Steak Fry.

3 comments:

The Deplorable Old Bulldog said...

Are you a Barak guy?

I have been very impressed with the Obama operation. He also seems to be the only D generating much genuine enthusiasm.

Sporer's been telling Rs all year, this guy is the one to fear, not Evita.

noneed4thneed said...

I really like Obama, but go back and forth between him and Edwards.

Anonymous said...

There were certainly a lot of Obama t-shirts at the steak fry (lots of Hillary t-shirts too).

Obama's strong fundraising is building a strong organization in Iowa, no doubt.

Mr. Sporer, I used to think Obama would definitely be a better general-election candidate than Hillary, but now I am not so sure. He has made what I consider some pretty big strategic errors during the campaign, and he has not yet faced the right-wing hate machine in all its fury (the Muslim school, the past drug use, etc.).

Similarly, I used to think Bill Richardson would be a fearsome general election candidate, but he doesn't seem to have the campaigning ability.

Hillary has run a better campaign than I was expecting. She is still not my first, second or third choice, but I am starting to wonder whether she really could win the general after all.

desmoinesdem