Monday, July 02, 2007

Ruth Harkin Endorses Clinton

According to this email I got this evening from Sen. Harkin, his wife Ruth will be endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.

My wife, Ruth also shares my passion for political involvement, and like many Iowans, she feels feels a very personal responsibility to choosing the right person to support. Ruth recently made that personal decision and tonight plans to formally endorse her friend and one of her mentors,Hillary Clinton, for President of the United States.
Sen. Harkin also had to say about his plans to endorse someone...
Unlike my wife, I have not made a decision to support, nor do I plan to endorse, any of the Democratic presidential candidates. I have worked closely with many of them, and I am extremely proud of each of them for their commitment to public service. I remain focused on my own re-election campaign in 2008 and look forward to working with a Democrat in the White House.

No comments: