Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia refers to TV character instead of the Constitution when discussing torture...

“Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?” Judge Scalia challenged his fellow judges. “Say that criminal law is against him? ‘You have the right to a jury trial?’ Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don’t think so.”
I don't think so either considering Jack Bauer is a fictional character.

What's up with the Republicans obsession with Jack Bauer?

1 comment:

desmoinesdem said...

That is so pathetic.

We watched the first three seasons of 24, but then we stopped having the tv on while our son was awake. My husband has caught a few rerun episodes of 24 in the last couple of years, and it seems like we are not missing anything.

I was vaguely interested when my husband told me Ray Wise had been cast as the vice-president (GREAT ACTOR, have loved his work since "Twin Peaks"). But then they didn't even make him the president in the subsequent season. What were they thinking?