Monday, April 02, 2007

Why aren't they supporting Huckabee?

Here is a great quote from Republican Mike Huckabee, who is considering running for president.

If Republicans in this election vote in such a way as to say a candidate’s personal life and personal conduct in office doesn’t matter, then a lot of Christian evangelical leaders owe Bill Clinton a public apology
I am not sure why Huckabee isn't getting noticed more in the Republican field for President. I have seen him a couple of times on CSPAN and have come away with a good impression of him. Now, I only know a little bit about his stances on the issues, but he sounds sane, is likeable, and is a real conseravative. I am not going to vote for him, but I think he would be the type of candidate Republicans could support.

Let's face it, Rudy and Romney both are NE Elites that have liberal stances on key Republican issues. And it isn't like McCain is a hardline Rightwinger. I can see why Republicans are trying to recruit Fred Thompson or hoping that Newt enters the race. But why aren't they considering Huckabee?

No comments: