Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Edwards: "I'm not a new Democrat, I'm a REAL Democrat."

John Deeth had a busy day covering the Hillary Clinton event in Iowa City (here) and the John Edwards event in Cedar Rapids (here and here). In his second post, Deeth had this great quote from John Edwards...

I'm not a new Democrat, I'm a REAL Democrat.
This quote is a hit at Hillary Clinton and DLC democrats. It sums up an argument that I have repeatedly made on this blog about the so-called centrist Democrats (here, here, here, and here). We don't need politicians that speak to the center, we need politicians that speak to the people about their shared values and who aren't afraid stand up for their beliefs.

Right now John Edwards is speaking about the shared values and he isn't afraid to stand up for his beliefs.

2 comments:

Liberalady said...

Hi-I am at this point supporting Obama, I think he is wht we need in terms ofsomeone who is still fresh enough to do the right thing rather than someone who has become jaded with bitterness over how corrupt our goverment can be and has been for the past seven years now. If you get a chance and want to stop by my blog and let me know what you think, please do.

Thank you.
http://randomrantsofaliberal.blogspot.com/

noneed4thneed said...

I am going back and forth between Edwards and Obama. Obama will be holding an event in my town on Friday that I will be attending. Check back then for a writeup on the event.