Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bomb Iran? McCain Thinks it is a Joking Matter

McCain responds to a question about bombing Iran by joking about the Beach Boy song Barbara Ann by singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran."



McCain isn't do himself any favors. If he isn't off pandering to the religous right then he is trying to sound more macho when it comes to war. All McCain is doing is digging himself into a deeper hole. Rudy has surpassed him in the polls. His fundraising numbers were lower than expected, and he spent a lot of money already. Should we be taking bets to see if McCain even makes it to the Iowa Caucuses?

4 comments:

T.M. Lindsey said...

I had McCain flaming out by November of this year, falling like a lead ballon, although he appears to be ahead of schedule. I went to hear Jimmy Carter speak last night in Iowa City, and when I told my mom, a devout Republican, she said, "Oh, he's so senile." He was pretty damn sharp from my vantage point, especially for a man in his 80s. If my mom wants senile, she may want to tune into McCain's campaign the next six months.

noneed4thneed said...

McCain came to Marshalltown last weekend and the event was shown on the local TV Channel. He sounded angry during his speech and he used notecards. I have seen 5 candidates so far and none have used notecards. and he was by far the most angry, even angrier than Tancredo.

Chris the Hippie said...

That's all we need in this day and age -- an angry president. Geesh.

merjoem32 said...

I think that McCain's insensitive comments will probably help him slide further on the recent election 2008 polls. He offended a lot of people with the McCain bomb Iran song. I expect that the the media and his opponents will use his joke against him.