Thursday, January 04, 2007

Rinse, Wash, Repeat

Not Extending Temporary Tax Cuts is NOT Increasing Taxes
There's a story yesterday on MyDD and Chris also wrote about, but it is worth repeating. Not extending Bush's temporary handouts to the most wealthy is not increasing taxes. I'd give back my couple hundred dollar tax break on my federal income taxes to get my property taxes, college tuition and loan payments, and the cost of other local and other state services to go down.

The first step in solving the budget deficit is to not renew these temporary tax cuts and to start investing in our future. So remember to repeat...
Not Extending Temporary Tax Cuts is NOT Increasing Taxes


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'd give back my couple hundred dollar tax break on my federal income taxes to get my property taxes, college tuition and loan payments, and the cost of other local and other state services to go down."
Huh? This sounds like the line of reasoning used by the supporters of the Polk County LOST and the Project Destiny supporters.
Please point out how a federal tax increase has afforded us a decrease in local taxes.

BTW, no tax increase, or decrease for that matter has caused "the cost of other local and other state services to go down."

noneed4thneed said...

The decrease in federal taxes has caused property taxes, college tuition and loan payments, and the cost of other local and other state services to go UP.

The couple hundred dollar tax break gets eaten up pretty fast when you figure in the rise of cost of the other government services.