Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Of Course Hillary Is In to Win

Hillary Clinton made her first trip to Iowa over the weekend. She held a townhall meeting in Des Moines and met with the Democratic State Central Committee (video here), as well as events in Cedar Rapids and Davenport.

What struck me most with her visit are Hillary's campaign slogan of "I'm in to Win". Most would admit that Hillary is one of the frontrunner's in the Democratic Primary. She has the greatest name recognition of any candidate, she has the most money of any candidate, and she has the a former President that can attend every campaign rally she holds. If she is the favorite then why does she need to stress that she is in the race to win. I sure hope so, you are the favorite.

"I'm in to Win," would be a decent slogan for a candidate like Bill Richardson or Tom Vilsack. These candidates don't have the money or the name recognition yet and are rumored to be running for vice president.

John Edwards stresses action with his campaign theme, "Tomorrow Begins Today." Barak Obama speaks about hope for a better America with "the Audacity of Hope." Hillary is focusing on talking herself up with "I'm in to Win."

2 comments:

benny06 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
benny06 said...

I goofed on my first comment.

Well, everyone has to have a candidate. I interpret Madam Clinton's slogan as that it means she's in it to win--for herself, not to win for our country. For years, she has said she wants to run something. Just hope she doesn't turn into a Julia Caesar during the campaign.

Obama's official announcement should be interesting on Feb 10th. As someone who lives in East Central Illinois, and it's only 90 min away, I've half considered of going, but if it's too cold, probably not.

As you know, I am an Edwards supporter. Hope you will keep Edwards in the back of your mind if he wins the nomination. I think he will. 2008 will be the year of the populist candidate. I could give you more salient arguments to support him, but I think some folks have to go with their guts and hearts. And that's where you and I are, but in different camps.

I'll be around, since I'm your next door neighbor. Keep the good posts up!