Wednesday, January 17, 2007

DFA Training Coming to Cedar Rapids in March

I just found out there will be a Democracy For America (DFA) training held in Cedar Rapids in March. I attended a DFA training last year in the Quad Cities and I wrote about the event here. At the event I learned a ton from experienced campaign professionals about how campaigns are run, fundraising, communications, voter targeting, online activities, and many other political things. I used a lot of the things I learned helping campaigns in the Democratic Primaries and during the November elections.

Even though, I have already attended the training, I am considering attending again. I highly recommend it to anyone who volunteers or works with campaigns or does online organizing.

Here are the details on the training in Cedar Rapids...

Event: Democracy for America Training
Date: March 24-25 (Saturday and Sunday)
Time: 9:00 - 6:00
Location: Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Cost:
$60 for general attendees
$30 for attendees with low income
$30 for students

For more information visit the Democracy of America website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I get in for free? I have no income and believe that as a productive member of society my attendance should be subsidized.

noneed4thneed said...

If you contact the organizers they might be able to find someone who can sponsor you, so that you can attend.