Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Latest from Wes Clark on Possible Run in 08

General Wes Clark spoke at Brown University and had these comments before his speech...

The Herald: How likely is it that you'll run for president in 2008?

General Clark: I haven't said I won't run.


The Herald: If you do run, how will your campaign differ from your 2004 campaign?

General Clark: In virtually every respect.


The Herald: Why do you think you were unsuccessful in winning the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004?

General Clark: Because I got in too late. Because I had no political experience. Because I had no money prior to the time I announced, and because I had no staff. Other than that I was a pretty good candidate.


The Herald: What political experience have you gained since then?

General Clark: Hundreds and hundreds of visits around the country with various groups. I campaigned for, I think, 86 candidates in 26 states in 2006. I was John Kerry's number one surrogate other than John Edwards in 2004. I raised more than half a million dollars directly for John (Kerry) plus represented him, especially during the final three or four weeks, all through the West.
Clark is one that is on my radar list, but I have never seen him in person and need to learn more about his stances on the important like trade, healthcare, and energy. The next time that Clark is in Iowa, I am there.

No comments: