Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Edwards In Iowa Tonight

I decided not to make the trip to Des Moines to see John Edwards because of the threat of bad weather. It turned out that the weather wasn't that bad, but I have a feeling Edwards will be back in Iowa. Here is a writeup from an event Edwards attended over the summer.

I have been thinking about Edwards' chances in 2008 ever since I saw this post at John Deeth. This is probably an unlikely situation, but something to think about. Elizabeth Dole is up for reelection in 2008 and is sitting at just a 52% approval rating. I have read that her seat is one that Democrats might target. Barak Obama, Wes Clark, and Al Gore are all being rumored as possible candidates in 2008 and if they run they might take votes away from an Edwards run. Now, Edwards is near the top of my list of possible candidates in 2008, but it might be better for the Democratic Party if Edwards ran for Senate against Dole.

**Update**
Here's the story from the Des Moines Register on Edwards and the event in West Des Moines.

No comments: