Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lieberman singing "Can't Buy Me Love"

Here's a picture of Lieberman singing his favorite song, "Can't Buy Me Love" by the Beatles. However, Joe decided to change the lyrics a little.

Here are Joe's lyrics...

Can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love

I'll buy you an Iraq War Mr. Bush if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything Mr. Bush if it makes you feel alright
'Cause I don't care too much for voters, voters can't buy me love

I'll give you all I got to give if you say you love me too
I may not have a lot of votes but what I got I'll give to you
I don't care too much for voters, voters can't buy me love

Can't buy me love, Mr. Cheney tells me so
Can't buy me love, no no no, no

Say you don't need no war in Iraq and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want the kind of things that money just can't buy
I don't care too much for voters, voters can't buy me love

Visit Ned Lamont's campaign site and send him a couple of bucks this fall if you are able to.

1 comment:

Marshall Darts said...

Joe's Still Got It Wrong

Joe Lieberman said he lost yesterday because of the excessive partisanship that has become part of politics. He's wrong. He lost because to an opponent in his own party who ran an issue-oriented, anti-war campaign.

Lieberman's backing of a foolish president with a foolish foreign policy was not bipartisanship. It was foolishishness itself.

The Republicans should take note of what happened to Fox News' favorite Democrat. They know that anti-war sentiment isn't limited to Democratic voters.

Tip O'Neill used to say,"All politics is local." Well, when a young soldier is buried in your state or district as a casualty of this foolish war, that makes Iraq a very local issue.