Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Open Thread

For some reason I decided to search through some Rightwing blogs tonight. I came away with one interesting observation... a ton of Rightwing blogs don't allow users to post comments and if they do most of the time the blogger has to approve them (Iowa's own Krusty Konservative is one of the few who allows anyone to post comments) . From my experiences, I would say it is close to 2/3 of the Rightwing blogs that I visited don't let you post comments. What's up with that?

I love getting comments on this blog. I think the open dialogue is one of the best features of a blog. It seems that Rightwing blogs would rather preach and stay away from open discussion. I guess even though the technology might change, some things never do.

I guess there isn't much of a point to this post. So please just post you comments about anything. How am I doing with the blog, what issues would you like to read about, what are your thoughts on something, whatever. If you disagree with something, let er rip. Open debate is always a good thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having the blogger approve comments is frustrating. I wrote the fourth comment on a thread at Iowa Voice; mine never appeared, and soon after, all of the comments on the blog disappeared. I recently commented on an entry at Iowa Ennui, but the comment hasn't appeared despite two new posts on the blog.

If bloggers want to approve comments before posting them, I recommend that they list criteria somewhere. These criteria could include the following examples:

1. No profanity.
2. No ad hominem attacks.
3. No comments longer than X words.
4. No disagreeing with the blogger.
5. No anonymous comments.
6. Et cetera

If bloggers don't have time to approve comments, they should disable comments altogether and save us the time and energy.

Thanks for allowing comments.

noneed4thneed said...

Thanks for the comment. Iowa Voice has gone as far as banning me for posting comments that disagree with their posts. I did not use profanity or attack anyone. Just flat out disagreed and stated some facts. I guess facts are hard for some people to come to grips with.

What got me started on my search was looking at comments about Russ Feingold's appearence on Meet the Press over the weekend. A lot of the blogs I visited were national blogs or blogs from other states.

G.O.C. said...

You can post to your heart's content at the Johnson County GOP blog.