Monday, May 08, 2006

Fallon's TV ads coming to a station near you!

Ed Fallon released his TV ads and you can see them on his website. The 1st one is your basic campaign ad, the 2nd one is hilarious, and the 3rd one is very creative. They will be hitting 12 cable outlets throughout the state now and then will be on the broadcast networks on 12 channels in 7 markets in a couple weeks.

Also, Fallon will be on Iowa Press this weekend (Friday at 7:30 and Sunday at 11:30) on IPTV answering questions from Yepsen about how money means everything in politics.

**Update**
I have heard that Fallon has made an ad buy of around $130,000. That's competitive with Culver and Blouin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fallon's ads are cute -- I saw one while watching CNN today -- but I think your ad buy numbers are off.

My understanding is Fallon is spending $130K for the length of the campaign. While Blouin and Culver have spent that much for about two weeks of network TV in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines.

Fallon must have had to work very hard to raise enough money to go up at all, though -- so it's impressive.

noneed4thneed said...

I got $130,000 from a friend who said they saw it on the news last night. So it is very 2nd hand info. I will do more checking to see if I can get a more accurate number or at least find a source.

noneed4thneed said...

Thanks to John Deeth, I saw a DM Register article that says Fallon's ad was $132,000. The article is linked in my post now.