Saturday, April 01, 2006

Site of the Week

This weeks site of the week is the blog The Colbert Nation, dedicated to discussing the show the Colbert Report on Comedy Central. The Colbert Nation posts recaps of each nights show and has other interesting sections. Here are some of excerpts...

March 29
On having a baby eagle named after him: "I'm so excited, Nation, my whole life's going to change after this. Even though I'm already a father of three beautiful humans, I've always wanted an eagle. You know, someone you can toss around the old mouse carcass with."
Colbert then took a hot dog, ate part of it, grabbed a FedEx envelop, and then spit the chewed up hot dog into the envelop. He then said his baby eagle would need this food later.
March 28
On bears: "For years, these ravenous brutes have had free reign to use our woods as their personal latrine, protected by their 'endangered' status. Now the government is wisely considering ending grizzlies' special treatment to protect our honey jars and Paddington Station."

March 16
On the previous night's Scarborough Country: "Don't know what the story was - I had the sound turned down. I don't need the sound on with Joe. He's so passionate, that I get the meaning like a dog with his master. I don't need words to know what he wants from me."
The Colbert Report brings a nightly does of humor to my life. I highly recommend the show and the blog Colbert Nation.

No comments: