Friday, April 21, 2006

Leach refers to Democrat as a "Radical" at forum

A friend of mine who posts over at DU posted this yesterday and said I could post it here. I guess my friend went to a forum Leach was holding in Cedar Co. and this is what he wrote.

Other folks weren't asking any questions, so I filled the dead air with about 5 or so questions and would interrupt to clarify some 'facts' that weren't quite right. About 10 minutes into it he looked kind of quizically at me and asked if there were any more radicals like me in Cedar county?

The questions I asked were about things like the debt, the signing statements, Iran and the run up to war, whether or not we are building permanent bases in Iraq. Never got a chance to ask about 'kitchen table' issues like the price of gas, health care, college and the medicare prescription drugs.

And of course I got no answers. On each issue Leach said that it was a very serious issue, went into his little civics lesson and tailed off. And as he tailed off I asked him (in a civil manner) "well, what are YOU doing to do about it?".

His aide Gary Grant was staring me down.

The funny part was that some ass-kisser came in with about 10 minutes left and lauded Leach as "probably the best representative in congress. I thank God every day you are my congressman". It was just sickening. I heard Leach got a hard treatment in CR also.

No comments: