Friday, April 07, 2006

DFA training this weekend

This weekend I am going to be attending a DFA training in the Quad Cities. I will post updates this weekend on how it goes. I don't really know anyone that is going to be there, but I hope to learn a lot and meet some nice people.

Democracy for America began as Howard Dean's group while he was running for President in 2004, but changed once Dean was out of the race. They are very much like MoveOn in that they support issues and candidates and encourage grassroots organization, but DFA also focuses on training and has local groups. There are very active DFA groups in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Iowa City, and the Quad Cities.

DFA also sponsors DFA night school that starts Tuesday, April 11th. These are free online trainings.

I'll post updates about the training when I get a chance.

No comments: