Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I said hey, what's going on?

As I was getting ready for work I heard a song on the radio that I haven't heard for a long time. The song is What's Up by the 4 Non-blondes.

And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
I wish I would hear this song more today. Every American (especially every Senator) should be singing this loudly and scream at the top of their lungs, what's going on?

The TV Show Boston Legal said, "what's going on" with their latest episode by asking why Americans are not standing up for what is right. You can see the clip from Crooks and Liars.

Here's a quote from the character on Boston Legal.
At a presidential rally, parade or appearance. If you have on a supportive t-shirt you can be there. If you're wearing or carrying something in protest, you can be removed, This in the United States of America.- This in the United States of America! Is Melissa Hughes the only one embarrassed?
Here is a link to the speech by Adlai Stevenson given in 1952 that the actor references in the speech. The speech is a great read.

No comments: