Friday, March 10, 2006

Drinking Liberally, the Doctor is in, and off to the convention

I attended the Ames Drinking Liberally event tonight. There was some very interesting discussions and it was a lot of fun. Most of the discussions centered around Selden Spencer who is running against Tom Latham for US House in District 4. I meet a lot of dedicated people that are volunteering for Spencer's campaign and going out to County Conventions tomorrow to speak on Spencer's behalf.

I hope Spencer has come to fight and beat Latham and after talking to people there, I think he is up to the task. The reputation of the Republicans in Washington right now certainly doesn't help Latham out. Spencer will surely do better than Paul Johnson because he is from Story Co. and Johnson was practically from Wisconsin. Johnson was qualified, but people in central Iowa (Story, Marshall, Dallas, and Warren Counties didn't know him well since he was from Decorah). I am impressed so far with Spencer and the campaign considering they just got into this a couple weeks ago.

The Marshall County Convention is on Saturday, so I will be attending that. It will be my first County Convention, so it should be interesting.

No comments: